Created by Delisa Renideo, the leader in plant-based nutrition education in Alaska.
Finally! An easy-to-follow solution
to your weight and health concerns.
- Are you tired of wading through all the conflicting information about which foods are healthy and which ones aren’t?
- Do you believe that eating shouldn’t have to be so complicated?
- Do you want to enjoy your food, eating really tasty and colorful foods, leaving behind the guilt we often feel when we eat our fill?
- Do you want to experience more energy so you can do the activities that are important to you?
- Would you like to just plain feel better — and begin reversing chronic health problems?
If so, this course is for you!
- In this live nutrition and cooking course, I’ll help you understand the BIG PICTURE of diet. You’ll learn why plants provide superior nutrition without the health risks associated with animal products and processed foods.
- You’ll learn why you can eat your fill at every meal and still lose weight, without counting calories, points, or grams of anything, as long as you base your diet around whole, unprocessed plant foods that TASTE GREAT!
- You’ll also learn how to put what you learn into practice, with practical cooking demonstrations and delicious recipes.
The Yes To Life Solution to get Slim and Healthy
Nutrition & Cooking course
Location: Anchorage & Wasilla, Alaska
This is a 6 week course, meeting once a week for 6 weeks.
The cost is only $197 for the full 6 week series.
(Schedule for the next series of classes)
Providence Family Medicine Center
April 15 – May 20, 2015
6 – 8:30 p.m.
April 16 – May 21, 2015
Call Delisa to enroll in the
NOTE: If you cannot attend the live course because you do not live near Anchorage or Wasilla, Alaska
check out our online course:
The Yes To Life Nutrition & Cooking Course
By the time we’re middle aged, most of us have health problems.
As I’m sure you know, the usual approach to health problems in the Western World is to treat symptoms: pills to lower blood pressure, pills to lower cholesterol, pills to lower blood sugar, surgery to take out blocked arteries, and replace them with veins which usually become blocked again within about 5 years!
Do you see something wrong with this system? ? ? ?
Treating symptoms is not curing our health problems!
Instead, let’s correct the CAUSE!
In spite of the complexity of our various health problems, the solution is surprisingly simple: When we provide what our bodies need, they will heal themselves.
That’s right. Our bodies are designed to be healthy! We have built-in self-healing and self-regulating systems.
The diet most Americans and others in the Western world eat is causing a myriad of health problems: diabetes, heart disease and cancer are some of them.
Doctors and dietitians are telling us to eat considerably more vegetables and fruits, but they don’t take it quite far enough.
Not only do we need to eat far more fruits and vegetables, we need to STOP eating the foods that are making us sick: processed foods and animal products.
Research is very clear now that people who eat a diet based upon whole, unprocessed plant foods live longer, healthier, and slimmer lives.
When we eat the right foods, our bodies immediately begin to correct the problems.
Our blood sugar begins to normalize, our cholesterol begins to drop, our blood pressure drops, we lose excess weight, our arteries start opening up more.
“This has been a valuable experience to me. I look forward to taking another class. My husband is healthier, my children are happier, and I’m thinner (yeah!)” -Karlie Jo Philpott, Wasilla, AK
1. I never feel bogged down or sleepy after a meal
2. My stomach problems have been completely eliminated.
3. Because I chose this lifestyle, I have gained confidence and increased my self-esteem in making healthy choices.
4. And my family and friends enjoy my food and facts I share.
– Michelle, Anchorage, Alaska
It is the position of The American Dietetic Association that appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian and vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for individuals during all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, and for athletes.
The American Dietetic Association
The world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals
(For this complete article and more information from the American Dietetic Association, click here.)
So what does this mean for you?
Life is so much better when we feel well and have more energy — when we’re not worrying about how our health is deteriorating and taking more and more pills.
What are some of the things you would enjoy if you felt better physically and had more peace of mind?
- More fun with your kids or grandkids?
- Looking better in your clothes?
- More hope for your future?
- More confidence?
- More success in your career or business?
- More quality time with your spouse and friends?
- Less time and money spent on doctors and medications?
There is really no way to quantify the value of your health.
The only people who REALLY know the value of health
are those who have lost it.
- Victoria, Anchorage, Alaska
“The class is very informative and was helpful to me. I learned a lot and it was easy to incorporate new ideas into my cooking routine. I have gained energy, sleep better, I’m starting to lose weight, and I had great blood work post class.” -Polly-Beth Odom, Wasilla, AK
What you will get in the
Yes To Life Solution to get Slim and Healthy
Nutrition & Cooking course
- Nutrition instruction by Delisa Renideo, certified in plant-based nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Foundation at Cornell University
- Myth-busting to help you understand the reasons why plant-based diets are healthiest
- Tips and helpful ideas for obtaining the slim, healthy body you want
- Why diets actually work against long-term weight loss & can damage your health
- Weekly cooking demonstrations of new and delicious recipes
- Copies of all recipes used in the course
- Helpful cooking and food prep techniques
- Tips on how to create delicious meals without spending hours in the kitchen preparing food
- Strategies for handling situations and people that could sabotage your path to the slim and healthy body you deserve
Some of the topics covered in the course
Your starting point
It all Starts with Plants
The Big Picture
Carbohydrates: Refined vs. Unrefined
Proteins & Fats
What Wrong with Animal Products?
The Miracle of Plant Foods
Weight Loss Tips
April 16 – May 21, 2015
Call Delisa to enroll in the Wasilla class
What people have said about other live classes Delisa has taught:
“Delisa is an excellent instructor and communicator. Her genuine belief in what she is teaching is evident. Her classes were like a labor of love and I feel she has imported a great deal of knowledge to me in these few short weeks, which I will use for a lifetime. Thank you very much! Pamela Hill, Anchorage, AK
“I have lost a total of 18 lbs. as of today. I run up and down my basement stairs with no pain in my knees at all. This class is truly a gift to people who want to be healthy, pain-free, and extremely happy.” Sherri Tullis, Anchorage, AK
“I appreciated your time and the way you share your passion with us. I feel the care with which you impart your knowledge. I also appreciate the non-judgmental manner in which you teach. Thank you very much!” Shelly Lawson, Unalaska, AK
“I am inspired by the enthusiastic instruction and sharing. I now know how extremely easy it is to eat healthfully. I have lost 10 pounds and feel better and sleep better. Maggie Wilkinson, Anchorage, AK
“This class has made a huge difference in my overall well-being. I’ve lost 18 pounds in seven weeks. I feel better, sleep better, and am in an overall better mood. Even my skin and hair have improved.
The most important thing I learned is that I can make a difference in my health and in my children’s health.” Tiffany McGovern, Wasilla, AK
Delisa is committed to providing information and support to help people experience abundant energy, a healthy weight, and optimal health. She offers live classes, online courses, and private and group programs that are changing lives.
Delisa’s clients and students describe her as caring, inspiring, supportive, and deeply committed to helping others succeed in making positive, life-affirming changes.
Delisa has been an RN, a counselor, and a Certified Food for Life Instructor teaching plant-based nutrition & cooking courses. She helped train new Food for Life Instructors and contributed to the creation and design of the Food for Life Course for Diabetes Prevention & Reversal. She is a Certified Life Coach and holds a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell University. Delisa provides online courses and coaching to people around the world. She is skilled in using EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) to help you release limiting beliefs and has a gift for getting at the core issues that sabotage your success. Delisa is a co-author of the international bestselling book: The Missing Piece: A Story of Transformation.
Delisa lives with her husband and partner, Charlie, on a small, beautiful lake near Wasilla, Alaska. They share their home with their dog, Heidi, cat, Sabrina, and Alaskan wildlife that varies by the season. Delisa is an avid organic gardener and feels more at home with her hands in the dirt than almost anywhere else.
VERY IMPORTANT! ! !
The information provided in this course is general information — not a specific prescription for you. This course is not to be interpreted as medical advice. If you are currently taking any medications, BE SURE to let your health care provider know about any changes you make in your diet. Changing your diet can and does have a significant effect on your health, and you may need to have your medications adjusted, reduced, or eliminated. Any changes in your medications MUST be supervised by your health care provider!